Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2600+ articles?

According to my google news page, there's over 2600 'related' articles that have something to do with HC complaining about the media bias against her. Um, k.

Now let me get this straight: The voters are supposed to believe she is "vetted", "experienced", "ready on day one", able to "go toe-to-toe" against the Republicans in the general election as she publically whines about how badly she's being treated in the press. Hello? Am I the only one who sees the irony here? If she miraculously gets the nomination, is this the kind of news reports we'll face each morning....."This isn't fair! You're all being mean to me!"

Listen Mrs. Clinton, if you can't take it, don't dish it. Obama is not just turning his back on your standard political playbook....he freakin' flushed it down the comode. He's playing a completely different game. Perhaps the press isn't hammering Obama as hard because he doesn't demand the spotlight, doesn't overplay his hand, and is well, a nice guy. Maybe there just isn't anything about your criticisms of him for the press to spend their time on. Actually when they have asked pointed questions, Obama has answered them, and there's just no story there. You, on the other hand have a long political history (just ask you) that provides plenty of fodder for the press. That's not Obama's fault, nor the press' fault. That'd be you're choice for becoming a public servant lo these last 35 years. What'd you expect???

Sarcasm aside, I'm trying hard to keep any respect in tact for Mrs. Clinton with the headlines that surround her. I feel like I've just picked up the latest edition of the People magazine. The drama of this primary season has rivalled even Brittany's sad affairs. And, I hate to admit this, but I believe HC is enjoying the drama. "Shame on you Barack Obama!" Is this the language of a Commander in Chief? I guess I thought she was stronger than this. And while the world is a tangled mess, instead of helping us understand how she might begin working out the kinks, she refers to a comedy skit in a presidential debate? And all this time I was trying hard to give her credit for at least *trying* to make this about our country. Nope, as always, it's all about her.

BTW, I'm a newbie here. Born and raised in a Conservative, red-blooded Republican county in Indiana (in fact, the most republican county in the country according to 60 Minutes a few years back), I've recently jumped ship and began researching the Dems. Not sure what I am now, except to say, I'm fired up for Obama. Even after trying to give HC a fair shake.

So here I am. I'm Cindy, by the way.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

Welcome!

4:55 PM, February 27, 2008  
Blogger John Good said...

Damned glad to have you on board!

10:01 PM, February 28, 2008  
Blogger Siroco said...

hey Cindy. I jumped ship too...after 40 years :D

sure is more fun here, isnt it? ;)

4:27 AM, March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home