Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Here's what I just don't get.

Help me out here. I've been wracking my poor brain trying to figure out *what* in the world the DNC thinks it's doing by even *having* a hearing to discuss Florida and Michigan delegates.

I'm having a hard time not becoming truly cynical again about our American political scene. 'Cause folks, I just don't know any other reason this is even happening except for political posturing. If She Who Must Not Be Named was ahead, I'm thinking she wouldn't be pushing for this. And Obama wouldn't be pushing it either. The simple fact that they all agreed to the 'punishment' at the beginning seems to make no difference. Surely everyone knows it's a backasshanded way for SWMNBN to take the nomination. And God help the dems if she does.

I feel like I'm watching some stupid circus. Obama is the only one who stands to lose if they change the goal posts again....and I"m thinking that isn't going to go over well with the millions of supporters behind him. If one can only win by changing the rules, how many other rules might be changed during the Presidency? Aren't the Dems shouting all over the place how Bush has undermined our democracy by changing the rules???? So why are the DNC even humoring this woman? Why do they even play her game? Does she really hold that much sway in the Party? If I seriously hear one more complaint from her camp about the 'disrespect' she's received by the press and the Party, I'm gonna blow. She's managed to convince a bunch of suits in the inner circle to listen to her drivel......and make no mistake, it *is* drivel......simple fodder for the cable news networks. I'd say if the press were serious about disrespecting her, they'd have laughed her off the political stage for even suggesting the MI and FL delegates be seated. But they've played along.....She better stop biting the hand that's feeding her.


It all makes me sick, and perpetrates the notion that our country really doesn't have much respect for fairness. SWMNBN has helped to demonize and belittle the feminists who support her by playing the 'victim' of some supposed malicious 'cover up'. Holy criminy....if you want respect and equal treatment, then fricken be a person of your word, don't manipulate and whine, and accept defeat with grace and humility. Be a role model for decency and not rule-changing to get your way.

This woman has SO MUCH opportunity for doing good regarding women's issues. In my opinion, she's squandered that and is using her influence over her supporters to get her own way. It stinks to high heaven the same way 'pro-life' candidates play to the right. Just to get votes. It makes women look bad. Not strong, but desparate, manipulative, whiney and childish. And they have their leader to thank. She'll forever be held as the quintessential example of a SORE LOSER. What a legacy.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Cindy, I honestly believe that even if Barack had secured the nomination months ago that Michigan and Florida would have eventually been seated. We need their votes in November and there is no reason to completely snub them for fear of them snubbing us. It doesn't matter now, Obama has the nomination in the bag and even if they had given the two states more than half od their votes it wouldn't have changed the outcome. I believe Michigan and Florida have learned their lesson about challenging the DNC and any other state would think twice before trying it again.

4:00 PM, June 01, 2008  
Blogger LeftLeaningLady said...

Robert, Thank you for stopping by my blog, it is always nice to see new faces...umm, avatars. :-)

Living in Florida I feel very strongly on the issue of the seating of the delegates. As an American, it is my right to vote and I resent the DNC "punishing" the state for its early primary. The part that everyone seems to forget is that the State Legislature decided on the WHEN and we were just left to follow along. Just because they screwed up, I don't feel that I need to be punished and I certainly feel that my vote should count. (not that it did, I voted for Edwards, but that is NOT the point!)
The fact that all of the Democratic nominees decided to go along with the rules of the DNC is a much bigger deal to me than Clinton changing her mind. Had future President Obama fought her on this issue (sometimes it is better to do nothing) there is the possibility that he would have lost my vote in Nov.
Ok, that is a lie, I would have voted for him, no matter what, but I would not be supporting him in my blog, my yard, or with my cash as I will be now.
She had a right to her campaign and now she is doing the right thing by supporting him.

11:04 AM, June 10, 2008  
Blogger Blogger Guy said...

You should find this article interesting. It's a scenario that could have happened if Florida and Michigan went the way Hillary wanted it to go. let me know what you think:

http://barackandhillary.blogspot.com/2008/05/hillary-clinton-gets-florida-michigan.html

10:04 PM, June 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home